Friday, March 30, 2007

Introducing the stoned Dr Zzzzzzzzz... what? What bees? No! Not the bees, mother

So the other night I was writing the first of what I plan to be several reflections on Camus' The myth of Sisyphus. (Yes, I am trying to up the value of my content by posting my clueless wittering about philosophy.) I was going great guns, philosophising and smoking a joint, chatting with Mrs Z...

Whoops! Here's the problem with potsmoking. You feel all enlightened and clued in, and can sometimes have some cool insights. But you are incapable of coherence. Which is okay if everyone around you is as mashed as you are. But useless if you are trying to explain yourself to someone who is straight.

So I'm going to post my musings for your amusement. I suggest you get blasted on the mong medicine before reading. Then you will think I am a genius. If you don't, you will probably be consumed with pity, as my carefully considered train of thought disappears into the weeds, returning as the exact opposite of the view I began with. At which point, I came to what was left of my senses and gave up. I'll put the post up in a minute or two.

4 Comments:

At 4:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excessive potency gives value to the miniscule.

 
At 4:59 pm, Blogger Dr Zen said...

Yeah man, pass the bong!

 
At 7:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was referring to the fact that over the past few decades the weed has been bred for potency to the point where almost everyone who partakes is overdosing. There is a point where one is straight, and a point where one is not straight but is not mashed, and there is a point where one is totally fucked. That middle ground is difficult to find at today's potency levels, but it still exists. In a social setting it is impossible to find because it's passed so quickly that it's unnoticed in the socialization.

 
At 7:51 pm, Blogger Dr Zen said...

Well, weed is as weed does. You can get stuff that is like mong medicine, but you can get stuff that doesn't quite spank you for six.

Me, I never smoke in a social setting and I'm profoundly disappointed if I can think coherently after a couple of pipefuls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home