Thursday, March 29, 2007

Give Gore four

I urge my American readers to sign this.

You need a man of integrity, a decent man, who sees the big picture and gives a shit. We need it too. We need the antiBush.

I know some of you made a mistake in 2004 and voted for the people who are fucking your country up the arse big time. They are liars, cheats and, worse, idiots. You don't have to make a mistake again.

Eight years ago, Gore was a stiffnecked, uncharismatic, earnest man, and he still won. Now he's a rock star. I think he can rekindle your dream. Of course there are question marks -- what man gets to the top in politics without them -- but he has vision. And they'll never rig it. He'd win easily this time.

I am not an American. I don't get to choose. But who is chosen matters to me. It affects our world, particularly those parts of it, like Australia, that slavishly follow America's lead. I would rather we were following Al Gore than John McCain, and rather Gore than Hillary Clinton, a horrible rightist panderer. We need the antiBush. You owe us. You owe him.

9 Comments:

At 12:23 am, Blogger Paula said...

Done. I voted for him in 2000, and he's certainly better than the Dems running now. But every politician is a slimy liar - I always have to hold my nose and look away when marking the ballot.

 
At 10:02 am, Blogger Dr Zen said...

Paula, I agree. It's a matter of picking least bad shithead, no question. But at least Gore isn't too likely to make things any worse.

 
At 7:35 am, Blogger Don said...

at least Gore isn't too likely to make things any worse

This is a thoroughly unqualified statement.

 
At 10:30 am, Blogger Dr Zen said...

Dude, Spongebob Squarepants would be unlikely to make things any worse.

 
At 1:02 pm, Blogger Don said...

Oh, I thought you meant as compared to the other Democrats.

 
At 5:57 pm, Blogger Dr Zen said...

Don, I think he is far and away the best Democratic choice. I doubt Obama would make things worse, and Edwards would likely make them a lot better. But neither offers a safe pair of hands. And by fuck, you need one.

None of the Republicans on offer makes the slightest appeal, and let's face it, the Republican Party needs to be out of power, to be punished if you will. Not just because of Bush, but also because it refused to do anything resembling oversight in the six years it had power.

 
At 4:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Dude, Spongebob Squarepants would be unlikely to make things any worse. "


:-) That was good.

In 2004, I frequently said that if it was between Bush and a half-eaten reuben on rye, I'd vote for the sandwich. And I'm not even all that crazy about corned beef.

 
At 5:43 am, Blogger Kos said...

Hell, I voted for the dude once. I'll vote for him again.

 
At 6:24 am, Blogger Kos said...

We need you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home