Monday, April 02, 2007

Seeing Stars

I cannot ever love you if you don’t love this:




It’s not negotiable. Sometimes I hear something and I think, how can it be sane not to like that? How can it even be possible?

It feels like being lost on a long, straight road. You don't know where you're going or when you'll get there. If ever.

It's like the abandonment of hope. It feels like the days I’ve wasted.

More. Sometimes I think about what would be in my top ten songs. You know how you do. So obviously As it is when it was, Stockholm syndrome, a couple of others always make it. And this one too. I unashamedly belt this one out when it’s playing in my car. It feels like I’ve sung this a thousand times.

Sometimes I feel sad to know that there will be a last time. How will I feel if I know? I’ve been thinking about that. A friend of ours has been in hospital with a lung problem. She has a mass, and has been tested for cancer. Of course, you think to yourself, how would it be to know you have a month, six months?

But you could at any moment have one more minute, and never know it.




I feel sorry for the time I have wasted. I could have done so much with it. But the soundtrack has been fantastic! And yeah, if that last minute was filled with Hope…


5 Comments:

At 1:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Mazzy Star is very nice. Thanks for reminding me that I've neglected her.

My top ten list is a difficult choice. Top two are easy.

Cibelle's cover of Tom Waits "Green Grass"
can be found at http://www.myspace.com/cibelleblackbird

and Nico's "Nibelungen Land”
Lyrics at http://smironne.free.fr/NICO/balle.php?page=b . I don't know where you get the audio online. I have the song off of _The Marble Index_.

 
At 5:12 am, Blogger Looney said...

I did like it. And I hear what you hear in it. It reminds me of the long, empty miles in Nevada.

Very nice.

 
At 5:40 am, Blogger Kos said...

You love me.

 
At 4:22 pm, Blogger Don said...

Finally got round to clicking the first. I generally avoid vids. But I love that song, always have. I mean in a deep abiding way too.

 
At 2:59 pm, Blogger Sal said...

Liked those a lot. Never heard of her.

Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home