Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Private

I have made my blog private. I need to be able to post about whatever I want to without people who do not care about me trawling through it to find things to dislike about me (I make an exception for Gunt). I didn't want those people to read it and I feel like it hamstrings me to have to worry about people who aren't at all warm towards me just hating on it.

I have also learnt my lesson: that there are people who might read my blog who I really, really don't want to. I'm no longer willing to take that risk. My personal journal is too personal for that, I realise, and too dangerous for me in ways that will be very hard to control.

I am not intending to undo this but I may start another blog on more general topics. I don't know.

9 Comments:

At 11:47 am, Blogger Paula said...

Totally understand and thanks for the invite. I did the same with my mom's blog because I didn't need every asshole troll coming along to do its thing. Perhaps some new opportunity will arise from the suckage of the past week for you - I will be hoping.

 
At 11:49 am, Blogger Dr Zen said...

Thanks Paula. I am not hopeful but I feel a lot better knowing, for example, that my blog won't be read out in a divorce court.

 
At 12:11 pm, Blogger $Zero said...

You should see what happens when you cost a scamming corporation over $200 million dollars. Yikes.

 
At 3:21 pm, Blogger Father Luke said...

I'm Father Luke, and I endorse this Blawg.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

 
At 2:46 pm, Blogger $Zero said...

BTW: does this mean that I won't be able to read your new entries from my google reader thingy? Looks like.

 
At 2:47 pm, Blogger Dr Zen said...

Yes, I apologise but I think that is the case.

 
At 2:50 pm, Blogger $Zero said...

Damn that woman.

 
At 7:13 pm, Blogger Looney said...

Thanks for the invite, dude.

 
At 1:26 pm, Blogger Don said...

I'm considering the same. Well, reversed, in that the current thing will remain as is. But I have felt constrained by the audience I've accumulated and am wondering if I want to make a clean break or bother managing two or just not write at all-- Ha ha. Right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home