Friday, September 25, 2009

Readership

This blog has had 43 hits today. That's pretty normal. 39 of them are unique visitors, and 17 are returning visitors. That's a bit misleading, because it doesn't mean 17 returned from yesterday. Sometimes a person hit on a search thing, and then looks again five minutes later.

There are 10 actual returning readers. One is me. One is someone at the newspaper, who is slowly raping me by reading my archives. The cowardly shit doesn't have the balls to email me though, or to leave a comment. One is maybe Julie Novak (hi Julie if that's you!). I'm not sure whether she would be glorifying in taking away my livelihood or just checking that I don't say anything bad about her. Another is someone in Julie's circle -- dunno, colleague friend, and maybe another the same. I actually have nearly more readers among Julie Novak's circle than I do in my own.

And this was worth getting me sacked for? That five, six people would know that some anonymous guy thinks you are an idiot? This was worth my children's daytrips, their summer clothes, their treats?

Ugh. That I have to share a world with people like her! No matter who is "right". No matter what way of living is the best for humankind, no matter what scales we ever find to measure that, mine is moral. I know that because I am moral. I hurt no one, took nothing from anyone, I wrote something silly for my five readers.

No one's child goes without a thing they have coveted because of anything I did.

2 Comments:

At 8:50 am, Blogger Dr Zen said...

Thanks Robert, but no amount of fucking with her is going to buy Zenella the summer clothes she'll now have to go without.

 
At 4:05 am, Blogger antikva said...

Fingers crossed now that you have been *dooced* you too will be able to turn it into a positive.

Ms Novak must live a sheltered life on the net if that hurt her feelings that badly to get someone sacked. Clearly she does not blog.

Hope something comes along quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home