Friday, June 26, 2009

Cock and bull

I suppose I should not be surprised how disgusting people can be, but even at my age, I have the capacity to be surprised by it.

The woman I was involved in the car accident with has invented a story that is not just untrue; it is obviously untrue to anyone who knows me even a little, and equally obviously untrue just on the face of it.

The woman is saying that I reversed into her while she was stationary and that I had road rage and did it again.

With my kids in the back seat of my car, this woman is saying, I purposely ran into her with my fucking kids in the back of my car.

And then, weirdly, got out of my car and yelled at her, what the bloody hell did you do that for?

I mean, fucksake. Let's pretend that I'm the kind of person who gets aggressive towards others, which I am not. (I might mouth off at you but I have not hit anyone in 25 years plus, and then it was in self-defence.) I ram you and then shout at you for doing it? So I'm not just aggressive, I'm insane. No one who knows me would think that I delude myself about anything, let alone that it's someone else's fault that I ram them twice!

I know that the woman is taking advantage of the fact I was angry to invent this story. She knows she did the wrong thing but obviously you cannot tell your insurance that. You cannot tell them that you tried to cut someone off and they hit your car because your claim is turned down flat at that point.

But if that was all there was to it, I would get over it. But it's worse. She has a witness who has the same, who is an offduty copper. I do not know how she got this person to say this but I know it is not true. If I had made a mistake, I would confess to it. It is not my style to blame others for what I've done.

But I did nothing wrong.

And where the hell did she get this copper from? No one approached her at the scene. No one has told the police anything. How does she know there is a witness? How did a witness even contact her insurance people? The insurance people now say that there is nothing in the notes about a statement. It's crazy.

How did the woman get this statement? The insurance company won't say. They say they don't have a statement. I can't speak to the woman who rang me about the case.

She even lied to her insurance about my not wanting to swap details. That's not true. I called her a cunt precisely because she would not write her number down and swap details. I did not have a pen in the car, so I couldn't do anything about it. I was standing in the rain listening to her mouth off at me while she fiddled with her pen.

I thought all I would have to do is go to the police station and make a statement. I would go to court if I had to, and tell the truth. I believe, foolishly, in the truth. I thought that, yeah, I might lose. Maybe the court would find that it was my fault, even though there was nothing I could do. Her story doesn't even make sense though. She claims to have been stationary in traffic and I rammed her. But how come if I rammed her I only hit the very front of her car? How come I didn't hit the car in front of her? Why didn't the driver of the car in front get out to see whether their car was damaged? (The answer, in case you're curious, is that they had moved off, which is why she had tried to get across the gap before I could pull out.) Is she seriously suggesting that the driver of the car that was parked in front of her was not even curious whether they had sustained damage?

And I want to know who this witness is. Who is their kid at the school? Obviously, no kid, no credibility. Can they prove they were in the carpark at the time? Where were they? They would have had to be particularly well placed to have seen it clearly enough to know what happened, not to mention that they would have to have been looking at the right time. It happened quickly. Why didn't this policeman arrest me for criminal damage? Why didn't he come and get my details? I didn't disappear. The woman blocked me from leaving the spot and sat phoning someone for several minutes. Why didn't the policeman approach me? Was he not worried that someone so enraged that he would ram another car might turn violent?

Why did a policeman with a good enough view of the accident to corroborate her story not come forward at the time?


I don't even understand how I am supposed to have done it. In her version of the story, I waited for several minutes in my parking spot, then just said fuck it and reversed into her, where she was sitting stationary, and then became so enraged that she was there that I rammed her again. But why? I often sit in that carpark. I wasn't in any hurry. There's no point; it always takes forever to get out of the carpark.

I am actually really scared that this woman has got someone to ram her car after the fact, to create more damage and make it worse for me. Anyone insane enough to make up the story she has made up could do that. What a nightmare!

What upsets me most of all is that I know I didn't do the wrong thing, but she did. I waited for a space and pulled out when it was clear. I know that is true. I am a cautious driver on the whole, and I am aware of what a nightmare the school carpark is, particularly in heavy rain. I don't drive aggressively, and I don't play chicken with other cars. I am always the chicken. I would never risk injury to my children and the suggestion that I would is truly offensive. I hate the woman more for that suggestion than for what she did in the first place or for any other lie she has told.

But this woman did do the wrong thing. She tried to cut me off when I was backing out. She and I both know that is true. (And it doesn't matter how many off-duty policemen say otherwise: the truth is the truth, and we both know it.) People do this kind of thing. They play chicken, throwing their cars across gaps to stop each other pulling out. I see it all the time. But I didn't see her do it and that's why we crashed. She even confessed it when I got out of the car and asked her why she'd done it. She didn't want to wait.

She didn't want to wait. She risked injuring my children because she didn't want to wait for one more car to get out of the carpark.

Well, I should not be surprised that someone that disgusting would lie and would have found a friend to lie for them, should I?

5 Comments:

At 9:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your "...masturbatory fantasies..." have prevented you from wondering what "...a world that will forgive anything of those who caper for it amusingly..." holds in store for those who do not.

When the schoolboy has ignored his alarm clock and hears footsteps approaching to administer a bucket of cold water, what can he do?

 
At 9:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah, I had something similar happen on a smaller scale, where a woman backed into me, apologized, gave me her info, and I thought that was the end of it. But when I contacted the ins co, turned out she now had a "witness" who said I backed into her. The physical data couldn't help determine anything, so we got a 50/50 fault. Even though you know people will do this, will just fucking lie out of thin air, it's still a bit of a shock when it actually happens. [Paula Light]

 
At 11:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can actually full sympathise with the sense of in justice about the allegation of you ramming her a second time and the sudden materialisation of a witness, but the hard facts are when you reverse from a parked position and hit a car or person it is your fault no one else's, even if she flashed her lights and waved you out. You encroached on a part of the road that she had priority over. If you had been driving correctly I.E. looking out of your back window while moving you would not of hit her.

Grant ex Learner Driving Instructor and Advanced Driving Instructor

 
At 6:05 am, Blogger Don said...

We still have a case open, woman is suing us for pain, suffering, loss of work, etc. No dispute my son rear-ended her. Insurance company paid her immediate medical bills and all car repair. And then the fun started.

First of all, how did her precious Lexus incur $14,000 in damage while our Jeep was so unharmed I've yet after two years to bother fixing it?

Second, her medical problems didn't start until many months after the fact, and though that happens, there's no clear correlation.

Third, the vicious cunt is an instructor in tort law at the local CC. I believe she's holding a sword over my household as an act of research.

But once it goes to court, it's a matter of pure chance how it turns out. Truth has no meaning among the grinding wheels of law.

 
At 2:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand your frustration. Had a similar thing happen to me when a woman slammed into my car because she was in too much of a hurry. Long story, but basically she didn't want me to report it. My car was more damaged and she couldn't understand why that bothered me because "my car is so much BETTER than yours." Make ME call the cops. Lucky there was a pay phone nearby (pre cell phone days) because I was from out of town and wouldn't have known where to go to find one. As I'm walking to where the phone is, she yells out, "and make it quick--I'm in a hurry!" Alas, I had no witness to that because against my strenous objections, my passenger had gone off to get some food! In the end the cops called it 50/50, which is BS. I think they disbelieved me because I stayed calm and didn't get angry. Oh I was angry all right, but if I'd let it out, I'd have about ripped that woman's head off!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home