Thursday, June 11, 2009

Trance as mission

I think of myself, you, all of us as twinkling lights in a dark firmament. I believe that if we knew, and I mean knew in the deep way we can know things, what we are, we would be able to rise above this mean world, and become great.

Instead, we chain ourselves and call that freedom. We have invented religions, money, material world that serve to enslave ourselves. Many of us believe in a god who has created us as "special", separate beings who should hate others like us if they are not quite like us.

But we are nothing like the naughty children who require outpouring of blood to become whole that religions paint us as. We are no more, no less than outcroppings of the flow of energy that makes this universe. We are the latest twist in a chain of becoming, winding and unwinding, that leads from the heart of stars, through many combinations and permutations, through generations of beings that gradually shifted, roiled and turned, and became us.

***



(Acid Eiffel by Laurent Garnier)

It is inspiring and humbling. Inspiring to feel part of something that is much greater than you. Humbling to feel how meaningless and small you are.

Yet meaninglessness need not be oblivion, and we need not mean nothing to each other. We can provide meaning. What a beast we are to feel that is true!

***



(Falling by Spicelab. A somewhat truncated version. The original is a wonderful journey into headfuck.)

My whole life, it seems, I have been alienated and isolated, as though I was marooned on the wrong planet. But of course I am in the right place. I would not find it beautiful if I were not.

And I do. On fresh, clear days, the world can seem a huge splash of colour, as though untouched, unseen, unchanged from Eden.

***



(Light through the veins by Jon Hopkins, from his wonderful new album Insides--who knew he had a shoegazer in him)

And I know love. I do not know what it is, what miracle of chemistry, and I don't care. Does it matter what the things we feel consist of, if they are "real"? Does any of this matter, except that it feels good?

***



(Sweet harmony by the Beloved, remixed by Nathan Fake)

I still spend my wasted life alone and lonely in a basement, wishing always that I was somewhere else, doing something else. I doubt that will ever change.

Sigh. I don't know where I was going with this, but I didn't get there. Do I ever?

3 Comments:

At 9:11 pm, Blogger SereneBabe said...

wow! when you blog, you blog! this was amazing. i kept thinking, is he quoting some famous lines? they're so so so well said.

you blog more, yes?

 
At 2:13 pm, Blogger AJ said...

I believe that if we knew, and I mean knew in the deep way we can know things, what we are, we would be able to rise above this mean world, and become great.

That sounds rather spiritual.

 
At 6:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

boots sez:

"Sigh. I don't know where I was going with this, but I didn't get there. Do I ever?

'Do' is not the correct verb, it should be 'have' or 'will'; take that as a friendly joke Mr Editor Man.

"...if we knew, and I mean knew in the deep way we can know things, what we are, we would be able to rise above this mean world..."

We would be able to bring it up with us.

"We have invented religions, money, material world that serve to enslave ourselves."

Absolute power enslaves absolutely.

"Does any of this matter, except that it feels good?

Yes.

"I still spend my wasted life alone and lonely in a basement, wishing always that I was somewhere else, doing something else. I doubt that will ever change.

The power-basis of unfaked magic is the acceptance of what is, the determination to cross no bridge you will not burn, to take no step backward or toward evil, and the absolute acceptance of what comes.

I think you're gonna be fine. No matter what.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home