Thursday, January 22, 2004

For the love of Gaaaahd

I found this on God Hates Fags, which purports to share biblical truth with us, y'all.

What struck me is that this is part of a "Love Crusade". (I'm not kidding - check out the website.) The fags vs kids game was an eye-opener too.

Jeez, you guys, it's just fucking. And no one's going to force you if you don't want to.

I'm attracted to elements of the Christian message. After all, it's the basis of my moral structure--or at least the foundation that I struck out from in trying to understand morals. The idea that loving your neighbour is fundamentally a good thing particularly attracts me. The belief in redemption, that we can all hope to be rehabilitated, is something I strongly believe in.

But give a moron a car and he'll run you down with it. Ideas, no matter how bold or beautiful, just aren't safe in some hands.

On the subject, I noticed in passing that Dubya has promised support for a constitutional amendment defining marriage as between a man and a woman if judges keep perversely saying that those filthy fags can get married.

Imagine, a state constituted on the basis that marriages are between men and women - and at that one whose birth was heralded by a declaration that stated the equality of all before the law.

Most of us love the idea of America. But it's just one more idea unsafe to be entrusted to idiots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home