Sunday, February 13, 2022

Swipe right

 Isn't it strange how when I see a person whose dating profile says they are unvaxxed, I swipe left without even thinking about it? Yet I don't feel like everyone has to be vaccinated if they don't want to be.

But I think you're a fucking idiot if you aren't and double fucking moran if you say you're "proud" of not being vaccinated.

Why be proud? Because you're a "free thinker"? 

What I want to know is how come all the "free thinkers" think their way to such dumb conclusions. And how come they all think their way to the same, banal rightwing nonsense.

I say rightwing because the spectrum runs from give a fuck to only care about me and although antivaxxers don't seem to care about themselves, they certainly don't care about anyone else.

Okay, so things changed a bit with omicron, right? Yeah but the thing is, follow the science, you'll probably get a cold, nothing worse. But the small chance becomes fagpaper thick if you get jabbed.

*

I saw a guy say that he had been proved right when he posted that it was just a therapeutic of disputable value and I couldn't help thinking, how did you come to that conclusion? How?

I'm all for calling out the bullshit, although of course it gets you into trouble. And look, Mr Free Thinker, getting into trouble is not a virtue in and of itself, since your being in trouble is so ineffectual. It's not worth it for "principle" because principles are bullshit. 

Yes they are. They are usually just ways people cleverer than you have invented to get you to do things you wouldn't otherwise do, like die.

I mean, I'm all for dying if you really want to but most of us don't want to.

Or do we?

Perhaps we want nothing more when it comes down to it.

*

So who do I swipe right on? Mostly pretty girls who won't look twice at me. I mean, I have nothing much to offer. I am not aging well. I think I look like a pit of misery. I want to change it but I don't know how. Because my material circumstances never seem to get any better. When it looks like they will, something gets in the way and it's only rarely me, actually.

I realised, when I thought it over, that the woman at S. canned me because she knew when I edited the towage guidelines, I would see she had not done a great job. I wouldn't say anything but we'd both know. By firing me, she could remain a great editor.

It took me a month to figure it out because I like to believe people are good. But maybe that's the first principle I should jettison. How many times do you have to get bitten before you'll accept that people have teeth?

I swiped right on L. I like L a lot. She's totally unsuitable as a girlfriend, not really suitable as a friend, but she's got something going on and I like her. We'll probably drift into oblivion but it has made being lonely less lonely. Probably not as much as she could, but she has her own thing, her own reasons, her own heart.

*

Fundamentally, people don't vaccinate because they want to be different. If 5% avoid it, they want to be the one in 20. But three of those percent are indigenous people who have much better reason than you to fear the government.

The government are just what they seem to be. Servants of interests that don't include yours. They don't want to "control" you or manage you. They don't need to. Most people conform. Most people think this is the best we can have.

In some ways it is.

In some ways it is so good that people feel guilty and start hating who they are. They hate their own skin.

We shouldn't do that. I mean, I could articulate why but no one who thinks it will read this and it seems boring. It's not a matter of pride, or shame, or guilt. We have what we have, and it got to be this way by a path that wasn't great. But it got to be this way and here we are.

And let me tell you, white guilt mofos. If you don't want it, I'll take it. I wouldn't mind being white privileged. I don't care. I just want some. A little bit. Much less than Oprah. Much less than Elon. Just a little bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home