Wednesday, January 16, 2019

The World Is More Than Enough

[spoilers follow]
Look, I admit, I'm not a Brosnan fan. But I think he earns it. He looks like a man who is thinking about what to have for supper. And that's not the only problem The World Is Not Enough has.
Where to start? The plodding action? Well, at least there's a lot less than there is in Die Another Day, and the film makes sense, even if it's hard to care about. Robert Carlyle's hilariously bad villain? Look. He was Begbie. We can forgive *some* shit. But it's a careerload now. Robbie Coltrane's hilariously awful Russian accent? It was the best bit of his character! That dude is the curse of death to any middling film or TV series, seriously.
Denise Richards? Worst ever? Or worst ever? You decide. Nuclear scientist inexplicably in uber tight shorts? Tits that should be billed separately? I'm not kidding. Those things do all the acting for Denise. And they're ridiculous. But not as ridiculous as her "reading off cards" rendering of her lines. Or her "this is my stern face" acting.
In contrast is Sophie Marceau. I have no idea why her career kind of died after this. She's excellent. She is *so* sexy you can believe she believes she's *so* sexy Bond won't kill her. And what the fuck, he does. Come on man. I mean, for him it's no big deal because he has lined up Denise Richards as his next shagpiece but my god. You don't just kill a villain as good as Sophie. You have to at least regret it.
So there's some balls about a nucular weapon and some other bullshit with M (and although I'll agree that Judi Dench rocks that role from first to last scene, everything she does in this film is nonsense). And cetera. I mean, I defy anyone to give a shit. If the action was a bit spicier... no, there's still that awful fucken scene where Denise Richards says something about unwrapping presents.
C/D. And tbh that's generous. It's mostly just shit. Not terrible awful except... then you start thinking about Goldie. Fucken Goldie.. And yes, it's terrible awful. Drag it out and shoot it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home