Tuesday, January 29, 2019

62 pieces of karma

A broken plastic marionette, coins: 20c, 50c, couple of 10c, a slip of paper where my daughter has written "I love you", Delderfield's A horseman riding by, an old New Scientist with a doodle I made of some sort of hyperspace, a glass with the deep tannic stain of long-gone wine, Nexium, antihistamines (non-drowsy), a pack of cards still glossy, a xchematic for the universe that I wasn't sure enough about to colour in, an appointment that I didn't keep, a corner of a banknote, a hard drive that I swapped out, some screws (tiny), a small clock that keeps good time, a phone number -- I can't remember whose and I'll never ring to find out, a line of what could be poetry but I don't know whether it means anything yet, Teach yourself analytic psychology, something by Camus about assassins that I glanced through, a chatterbox, a plump feather, a photo of my step-granddad, another photo of my dad and middle sister on the sand, some broken glass, a key that doesn't open anything, a ticket for the carpark at Garden City, a docket from Wal-Mart that was in my suitcase, a card from the TSA to tell me they ransacked my case, a strip of ritalin that I've never bothered to take, a brush, a comb, hair gel -- cheap and doesn't hold, deodorant -- nice, cologne -- nice, a piece of tissue with what could be blood or just I don't know, spare glasses in their case, a small empty box, fizzy vitamins that I don't like very much, a book of modern poetry that I got because I wanted some Larkin and Plath and I'd forgotten I have a book of modern poetry that I got because I wanted some Larkin and Plath three years ago too, toothpicks, ibuprofen, paracetamol, some sort of antacid that doesn't feel like it works, a bottle of headache relief now empty that I wish I could buy here, a sock -- clean, I think, a store card that I always think I've lost, a visual guide to the scales, 

1 Comments:

At 10:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You pulled all that out of your Prison Wallet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home