Wednesday, January 27, 2010

About Sh

Did you ever meet someone and think that you would cherish her? You meet her and you know that she will always find a way to make you like her. I know, I'm not deep; I do not do considered opinions about people. I know the first time I meet you how much rope you are going to get to hang yourself with me. But I have a small boy inside and he falls in love with people who make him want to sing.

This doesn't happen often, maybe two, three times in my life. But some people seem beautiful to me in a way that has nothing to do with how they look (although, let's face it, it doesn't hurt for a woman to be good to look at), but is something about them that emanates when they talk, bathes you in warmth and makes you feel nourished.

Did you ever meet someone who when you think about them, your first thought is to wish them well? I know what you're thinking: why not wish everyone well? But I am not describing a vague feeling that they should thrive: I am talking about a piece of you that wants to rush out and make everything well for them, to increase their happiness in any way you can. I was once a small boy whose greatest joy was to see someone smile when he ran up. That boy has never died.

1 Comments:

At 8:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know someone that I feel that way about :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home