Friday, April 17, 2009

Susan Boyle

You know, she is one of us. The small people, who never have any limelight, who have their dreams and hopes, but are stuck in a world that doesn't favour them, doesn't have open doors for them to walk through. And it's laughable that we should succeed, think anything of ourselves, feel good about who we are, because we're not gilded, not rich, not known.

I remember the wingnut "I am John Doe" campaign. Well, I am Susan Boyle.

Warning: the video will likely make you spew if you are not a hardened observer of "celebrities" (for which read "brainless turds") like Cowell and Holden.

3 Comments:

At 5:06 pm, Blogger Father Luke said...

Three seconds after I saw her, my
trousers were around my ankles and I
was masturbating like a family dog
humping a guest's leg.

God Bless her.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

 
At 5:15 pm, Blogger Looney said...

Of course the real point is that because of her appearance it was automatically assumed she'd bite rocks. That whole 'beautiful voice' from an ugly instrument thing, as though that's the wonder of it all, rather than the wonder of discovering a beautiful voice. When a Carrie Underwood, or whoever, opens up and sings, we expect something of beauty because she's lovely to look at. This whole thing says a whole lot about the way we as a society view people than it does about sweet little Susan Boyle.

faliff
bulat

 
At 5:49 pm, Anonymous P. said...

I'd read about her but that's the first time I've heard her sing. Wow, not many (good) singers can bring tears to my eyes.

What I find most special about Susan is not her amazing voice or that she reached 47 without plucking an eyebrow (I give it a week before she's having a Good Morning Make-over, sigh) but that she hasn't let the weight of the world grind her down. The perpetual expectation that she's going to sound terrible would deter lesser mortals. Life isn't murdering Susan Boyle, it's lifting her up and for that alone she was and never will be someone small.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home