Saturday, November 18, 2006

Shopping for work

So someone emailed me and asked whether my writing workshop was still open. No, it wasn't one of the people who had promised to give it a go but didn't submit anything (or weren't game to give it a go, shame on you; I don't BITE), nor was it the writer whose piece I still haven't reviewed. It was someone new to me.

I suppose it is still open but I was thinking, maybe I could set a new assignment and anyone interested could have a go at that? Those who had a go at the last one would be welcome to have another crack, and perhaps some of those who were reticent last time could try this one? Anyone interested? Comment or email me if you like the idea. If I get a couple of interested bodies, we'll do it.

8 Comments:

At 7:05 am, Blogger Sezza said...

Did you post your critiques on here? If so, link, please?

I'm almost foolish enough to try this. Almost.

 
At 9:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in.

 
At 9:43 am, Blogger Dr Zen said...

SJ, you need to go to the August and September archives. The critiques I did are in posts that begin with Workshop:. Sadly, because I've given haloscan the flick, you can't read the comments, some of which are very good, particularly the ones from "sour grapes", who I'm hoping will take part again (in a purely advisory capacity; I know he's very unlikely to submit a piece). If you want the comments, let me know, and I can retrieve them.

 
At 1:50 pm, Blogger Paula said...

I'd do another one.

 
At 7:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd do another one too.

(I started one and wrote a fair bit, but ran out of steam. I was writing it in a notebook when I was down in Crete this summer.)

 
At 11:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll participate. What's the assignment?

 
At 12:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gawd - whoever invented high tech must have been certifiable. anyhow, am looking forward to trying this on and see what happens. will use the name this bleepity bleeping system refuses to recognize - similar to childhood nickname, a little more zip.

Layla

 
At 1:17 am, Blogger Sezza said...

Please, Zen- that would be faboo. I'll go and read the archives now. (And you're not the only person who thinks that Pollock is stink.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home