Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Loving Lily

I love Lily. It's only a fling. I'll be over it soon. But I love her now. She's like Miss Dynamite with a sense of humour. And tunes.

It makes my heart ache. No one writes songs like this about Brisbane. Even the Go-Betweens' great place songs are about Cairns, Sydney and London. What would you write about the place? "It's shit and everyone here is a cunt; they could enjoy the sunshine, but they mostly don't".

Brisbaneites wouldn't get it anyway. The faux-sixties touches, the cod reggae, the chav chic, the hilarious mockney accent and above all the wonderful English humour that it is breaking my poor heart to be living without would all be lost on them.

Ah well, fuck 'em eh? I love it. They can gurn their ugly faces off to lumpen rock; I'll have sunshine until I'm sick of it.

3 Comments:

At 9:11 am, Blogger P. said...

Brisbaneites wouldn't get it anyway

Suddenly they rise in my estimations.

 
At 9:14 am, Blogger Dr Zen said...

You'd like it here. It's chav central.

 
At 9:16 am, Blogger P. said...

You'd like it here

I doubt it. Night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home