Thursday, January 06, 2005

Perspective

I fundamentally believe that under the skin, we are all the same. Humans, I mean. I accept that cows, pigs and horses are different.

I believe that ultimately, in our interconnected world, we will swim together or sink together.

I think we show the power of togetherness when it's needed -- sometimes, and I think we demonstrate all too often that unilateralism and selfishness never bring overall benefits.

The importance of the nuclear nonproliferation treaty cannot be understated. Even if, all things considered, it is not a means to compel anyone to do anything, it does represent that we're in it together, that we're committed together to a world where the mass murder of our fellows is not something we want or encourage.

There is always a bad apple though.

It remains true that only one nation has used a nuclear weapon against a city. (There is some possibility that Israel used one against Egyptian tanks in the Sinai.)

It remains true that only one nation currently has plans to use nuclear weapons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home