Friday, June 10, 2011

Rotten RACQ

So I was delighted when a bit more than a week ago, some guy rang from RACQ Insurance to tell me that the owner of the car I hit on Wecker Road had claimed, and everything would be taken care of. A guy would go out to assess my car and would ring me in the next couple of days to let me know the score and to take me through the next part of the process.

So I didn't hear anything and after maybe five working days I phoned them and said, hey, no one got back to me. Oh, the guy tried on this number, they said, reeling off a number that obviously wasn't mine. But why didn't you use my mobile, I said, which you've used more than once? Oh well, the guy said, anyway, I'll get the guy to phone you. Won't be today, he'll be in touch tomorrow. This was Wednesday.

So by this afternoon, I was beginning to think I'd have to phone them again. But they phoned me. Hi, they said, we have a settlement for you. And we got a wrecker to give a quote. By the way, you'd better get the car out of the holding yard because they're going to charge you a fee.

WTF?

So "we'll take care of everything" turns out to mean "we'll fuck you over". It's impossible to sort out a different wrecking company this afternoon -- the Friday before a long weekend, and if I don't get the car towed out of the holding yard first thing on Tuesday, it starts costing me a lot of money.

I was pretty upset so I wrote an email to complain. The same guy rang back to tell me he'd done everything by the book and basically tough shit.

So I ask to speak the guy's supervisor. She rings me back. She tells me I'm lying about the RACQ arranging a tow, I misunderstood when they said they'd take care of everything, they have no responsibility for the car or anything else.

So I said, why waste your time and mine with this shit? You just want me to go away so I will go away. So I have to add RACQ Insurance to my list of terrible businesses here who love to take your money but do not much like helping you when you need it (or giving good service to their insured, which in this case was the other guy; but I would hate someone to be treated the way I have if I ever cause an accident).

I am particularly unhappy that this woman just flat denied arranging the tow. The only reason my car is in the goddamn holding yard is these cunts had it towed there. No one asked me what I wanted. No one told me I would be stuck with an undriveable car not in my garage space, not in my yard, but in some guy's yard in Cooper's Plains. Instead, they all told me, it's fine, the insurance will take care of it. But no.

I hate Australia. I hate that people will lie to you to make you go away one day and then lie about the lies they told you the next. I hate living in a place where a guy tells you he will get back to you about a job and then never bothers, and then when you contact him, he says he'll get back soon; three weeks later, you are on the ignore list. That's Australia in a nutshell: a place where people think you're shit if they can't get anything out of you, where you basically have a dollar value, no more no less.

6 Comments:

At 2:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your last paragraph! do you think it is different in other country's? Well Its not, its like that everywhere.

 
At 1:10 pm, Anonymous Dr Zen said...

Obviously I don't think so.

 
At 10:31 pm, Anonymous Bob said...

Suncorp played hard ball with me straight off the bat--and that was before the Brisbane floods when I hope they got their arses right royally kicked.
Insurance companies are alike: RACQ Insurance is probably as bad, as inept, as lying, as slippery as Suncorp.
They're good for pretty brochures and swiping your money, then they give you a massive kick when you're down. Not only do they happily take your money, they turn 'round and insult you.
I loathe each and every insurance company with a vengeance.
Yes, Australia is the best country in the world if, and only if, you're rich.

 
At 9:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't like it here - LEAVE!! It may also help if you read your PDS as the majority of Insurance companies don't cover holding yards fees for the simple reason that they don't own the holding yards they use to store the vehicles - it's simply a place used to hold vehicles so they aren't left at the site of the accident or towed to your home where you'd have to pay the towing fee immediately!

 
At 7:53 am, Anonymous Dr Zen said...

Hi Mr Insurance

I don't like it here and if I could leave, I would. You know why I don't like it here? It's full of people like you.

Maybe you should learn to read. RACQ hired the towing company. They didn't tell me who they were going to hire. They didn't tell me where they would tow my car. They said they'd take care of it. Ever had an accident? When people say they'll take care of things, you're grateful. You don't start thinking they're going to fuck you over.

 
At 6:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked for racq and I know they have a lot of back stabbing lying scum working for them, t6hey will turn a blind eye and deny when it suits them


Black13

 

Post a Comment

<< Home