Monday, May 23, 2011

My tiny dream

The other day I had a vivid daydream of myself in a bath. I often dream of baths. I think the reason is that I'm a big man, and would need a big bath, so if I picture myself in a bath of my own, I know that I must have a level of material comfort that would allow me to have acquired one. I used to dream of a cottage with a walled garden, which had the same nuance of homeliness for me, but not any more.

I am relaxing in the bath, carefree, and I feel I know that somewhere in the house is a woman who loves me. She is not just someone who says she loves me, not someone for whom love is simply an expression of a desire to be loved, but someone who does love me. She needs me, wants where she can to please me and for me to please her, recognises what I need and where possible, gives it to me.

She would never let me spin in loneliness, as I do now. She would find ways to let me know she was thinking about me even when she couldn't be with me, because she would know that I start to cease to exist when no one lets me know they know I am here.

I know, it is just a dream. It is hopeless as dreaming of cottages and pear trees. It seems tiny but sometimes even a tiny dream is not small enough to come true.

6 Comments:

At 8:06 pm, Anonymous Dr Zen said...

Hey Gunt, just add me on Facebook, and then you can have what you want, a shiny new friend!

 
At 8:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave Facebook is reserved for people that I like, and quite frankly I wouldn't want to expose any of them to you.

If I wanted to talk to you I could simple go visible in google chat/mail.

Don't feel too hurt.

 
At 8:31 pm, Anonymous Dr Zen said...

LOL. Way to expose yourself as not having the balls to be rejected. Like we always used to say:

WAC.

 
At 8:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snigger..Said by the man who hasn't got the BALLS to publish my comments here,
what a hypocritical twat you are.

Dave you never reject anyone certainly never me.

 
At 8:41 pm, Anonymous Dr Zen said...

You're right. I never reject anyone. Because I'm a very very nice guy. Burns, huh, Gunt? All these years and you're still the guy desperate for me to love you.

 
At 5:36 pm, Anonymous Bob said...

Nothing beats a good bath. Who ever invented the shower should be taken out at dawn and shot.
Robert Heinlein (dreadful writer) loved his baths. His wife had her job and kept him --I like to think, while he banged away on his typewriter down through the years 'til he died.
A loving, solicitous wife and a bath. One need not want for much else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home