Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Cruel for nothing

Sometimes you think, how can people order bombings and the like, just to increase their wealth? How can they be so callous?

I understand it by looking at how casually shit people around me can be.

I am driving along Logan Road. I'm in the inside lane of two, behind a bus. I look in my mirror, and there's space to move out if the bus pulls into a stop. There's a car but it's far enough back that I don't need to fret.

So when it pulls into the stop by the driving range, I indicate and get ready to pull out.

But the guy in the outside lane speeds up. As soon as I indicate, he or she accelerates.

This is the kind of small meanness that makes this city so shit to live in.

3 Comments:

At 9:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

boots sez:

This is the kind of small meanness that makes this city so shit to live in.

What, are you a naif or something? Fucksake visit San Jose California, they all drive that way, if you're lucky and they're not on a pisser.

There's a reason I live in the boonies, every time I venture into a city it's the same old thing, they all want to take it out on anyone who's available because their bosses make them eat shit from 9 to 5.

 
At 4:33 am, Blogger Don said...

Rude driving is how I tell the Bay Area transplants from the locals. Used to be, it was how I told LA people from Bay Area people. Before that, it was how I told East Coasters from Californians. It's no wonder I know people who want to move to Idaho or Montana but guess how a Montanan identifies a Californian?

 
At 10:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don sed: but guess how a Montanan identifies a Californian?

boots sez:

The Californian doesn't have an AK in the rifle rack?

In Colorado the government has taken drastic steps to eradicate rude driving... they've installed sufficiently vicious potholes to keep speeds below 15mph.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home