Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Countershit

You know the goddess of luck just plain hates you when this happens.

I wake up with 22 in the BB and call a minraise from the button. We are threehanded in a small sng. I am hoping for a raggy flop so that I can steal it from him when I check and he bets.

The flop comes 552, so I'm miles ahead and loving it. He bets, I call. No point scaring him off because whatever he has, he's not likely to catch up now.

The turn is another rag. He pushes. I call, of course, and he shows 66.

Now those of you who know a little poker will be expecting a routine bad beat here. He rivered a 6, right?

Of course not. I wouldn't be writing this post if the outcome had been that banal. He rivered a 5! Which counterfeited my boat and gave him a huge suckout.

Still, it's providing light relief from my ongoing nightmare with QQ in the five-dollars. I have won an allin with it precisely once in the last 60 games, and that was against a tiny stack. Apart from that, I've busted against K3 (called my PF push, rivered a K), AKs (rivered his flush), AJ (hit his ace), KJ (rivered trips), AK (on a raggy flop, he bet I pushed, he rivered his A), AJ (he pushed on a twosuited flop, he runner-runnered a onecard flush), AJ again (flopped his ace, then rivered the J for good measure). I'm thinking I need to openfold those biatches.

3 Comments:

At 11:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

QQ never works for me either

 
At 12:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three games so far today. One win, two QQs. I am just folding it next time.

 
At 2:45 am, Blogger Looney said...

And the moment you fold 'em, you'll get the other two on the turn and river... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home