Thursday, March 15, 2007

Queering the pitch

Hilarious. Not the repulsive column at the hideous Townhall, but the sight of yet another rightist just not getting it.

It's not the word. It's the hatred. It's not that it's not okay to use the word "faggot" to talk about gays, so that it'll all be okay when teh fagz decide we can all call them that, it's that Coulter thinks it's an insult -- a schoolyard taunt -- to call someone gay. It's that this penis thinks that it's okay to joke about bombing gay bathhouses. Tee hee.

I note one of the commenters:

Children are innocents and their sexual drives should always be allowed to develop naturally and normally.


Quite. And sometimes that natural development leads them to butt sex.

You might ask, what is the problem with these people? Why are they so obsessed with gayness? They bang on about children a lot, as if there being gays somehow made it more likely that their own kids would go gay. These fools have the firm belief that you can choose what your sexuality can be. And I think this is the root of their hatred. They are told that you choose, and each one of them, like all of us, has some hidden, dark corners that they feel are not "normal" (possibly because they have been undereducated in sex and simply do not know what "normal" is, so that they fear that most things aren't).

But surely they know it's not all about them? You'd think so but this is the core of conservatism, after all, the heart of the right: it's all about me me me. The whole gay thing is about my sexuality, my marriage, my choices, my life. It's not about someone else's right to choose for themselves what they want. Fuck that. Or rather, don't.

9 Comments:

At 9:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tricky question; allowing children to explore sexuality for themselves. What are your thoughts on incest?

 
At 9:10 pm, Blogger Dr Zen said...

You should probably stop doing it.

 
At 9:30 pm, Blogger Dr Zen said...

To be serious though, on the one hand, I think sexual experimentation among very young to young children is normal and nothing to worry about. I can't see that it's all that likely in an older kid who has been brought up by someone with a healthy attitude to sex.

I do not think children should experiment with their parents under any circumstances.

 
At 12:43 am, Blogger Paula said...

What I don't get is why when a righty is criticized, their pals all scream about free speech. I haven't heard anyone say Cunter should be prevented from speaking, just that she's horrible and will be slammed and mocked when she does.

 
At 5:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I can't see that it's all that likely in an older kid who has been brought up by someone with a healthy attitude to sex."

Quite. But it suggests that children can't be left to themselves in all things. It is easy to spot obvious parental controls and cues, but I wonder what subtle influences might account for sexual preferences later on in life.

 
At 9:55 am, Blogger Kos said...

I can't even read something like this to the end. I get about four sentences in and think, there has to be something more satisfying I can be doing with my time, such as flossing. I know, know your enemy and whatnot, but it's the same old shit that comes from every rabid righty out there. What's most telling is the trend for conformatives like this to make it sound like we're the bigots and they're the true supporters of equal rights. Gives me the heebie jeebies, and I'm not even sure how to spell them.

 
At 10:05 am, Blogger Dr Zen said...

high in the sky, I don't doubt you're right. I think the current understanding is that sexuality is a mixture of nature and nurture, but untangling what causes what is incredibly difficult. Thankfully. If there were easy answers, the right would jump on them.

Jeff, I couldn't agree more. I rarely read this shit, just occasionally sampling a piece to see what these clowns have to say. We are the bigots though. We will not tolerate their intolerance and hatred. I'm proud to be bigoted that way.

 
At 10:06 am, Blogger Dr Zen said...

Paula, some have campaigned to have Coulter dropped from newspapers. I think that's fair enough though. No one's saying that she doesn't have a right to call John Edwards a faggot; they simply say she ought not to be paid for it.

 
At 2:09 am, Blogger Kos said...

"We will not tolerate their intolerance and hatred."

Well, I don't know about you, but I think they're awfully intolerant of my hatred of their bigotry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home