Friday, December 15, 2006

Vale cunts

Two horrible pieces of garbage departed the Earth recently. Both had long, comfortable lives, which are exactly what they and the policies they supported denied to many millions of people. As is the way in our world, neither met justice in their lives (and sadly, unless Christians have it right, neither will meet it afterwards).

The first is Pinochet, of course. He is almost the eponym for hardmen we should not have supported but did. He is a stain on the American conscience, not that the people who helped him actually had consciences. He is a poster boy for the right: this is where your politics lead because yours are the politics of greed and personal aggrandisement. Pinochet embodied them. He had no other cause. Good fucking riddance.

The second is Jeane Kirkpatrick. Kirkpatrick believed it was good for people to live in authoritarian, conservative states because they were used to how things traditionally were. She was one of the intellectual forces behind Reaganism, an ideology that destroyed countless lives, as America stood foursquare behind rightists the world over whose only goals were personal enrichment. I don't know what Kirkpatrick thought of the photos of murdered nuns, tortured trade unionists, dead children. I doubt she even lifted an eyebrow. It is easy to intellectualise the world so that you drain it of feeling. Easy to feel it serves you that others should suffer. Well, you know what I say about people who forget that we are ultimately brothers and sisters? Good riddance to bad rubbish; cart that hunk of useless meat out of here.

12 Comments:

At 10:18 am, Blogger Sour Grapes said...

It's at times like this that one's belief in the truth of Donne's "Any man's death diminishes me" is tested to the utmost. I'm afraid in the case of Pinochet, I admit I'm a sinner while revelling in the commission of the sin.

 
At 11:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vale Cunt ?

 
At 11:23 am, Blogger Dr Zen said...

Are you struggling with the Latin or the number of cunts? I'm not insulting fans of Port Vale.

 
At 5:10 pm, Blogger Dr Zen said...

All in all, I prefer pompous to ignorant. Cheers now.

 
At 11:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all ignorant.

You Pretentious Prick.

 
At 11:33 am, Blogger Dr Zen said...

Yeah, but some a lot more than others.

 
At 12:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh well at least i got you to admit to being ignorant.

 
At 12:59 pm, Blogger Dr Zen said...

Well done. Next you'll get me to admit to having hair.

 
At 10:01 am, Blogger Dr Zen said...

LOL. How bitterly jealous you are of my mane! I could spare enough to give you a full head and I'd still have a luxuriant mop.

 
At 9:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave if i were you Alopecia would be the least of my worries, because you're such an unhappy person. Which is a shame because you are an interesting and talented guy.

If you haven’t already found this Blog you may enjoy it.


http://girlwithaonetrackmind.blogspot.com/

 
At 9:39 am, Blogger Dr Zen said...

Well, lose happiness and you might regain it. The same can't be said for hair.

 
At 9:43 am, Blogger Dr Zen said...

Thanks for the link, too. Sadly, it uses haloscan, which seems to be down again, so I can't view it, but when I do, I'll let you know what I think. If I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home