Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Cut off

It seems inexpressibly sad that a woman's life can end at 24, strangled, a prostitute. That that should be your epitaph, what your life amounted to. Men fucked you for money and one sad soul killed you. Like a piece of fluff, you are blown into oblivion.

Did she have a mother who loved her? You think she cannot have done but people go wrong. They can be beautiful kids and life sours them. I look at my own girls and I think... no, I don't think at all. I dare not think anything. They are not going to be women. They are not ever going to have sex. They will always be my beautiful, golden girls, running up and down the hall, laughing. They won't ever grow old in my heart.

But I am not writing about my girls. I am writing about someone else's girl. But I do not have words for it. I do know that I hate men who use prostitutes. I think they are raping them, using their superior economic power to have sex they would not otherwise have. Yet the women are despised in our world. I do not know much about prostitutes, but I imagine that many felt they had no choice but to sell themselves. We all do things we don't want to.

I have no words about the man who did this. What can you say? You cannot imagine what makes a person lonely enough to feel that this is a course worth pursuing. He will be caught, of course, and sent to jail for the rest of his life. His name will be known, and then fade, as all our names do. I feel terribly sad that all he left this woman was to be the victim of some nutter.

5 Comments:

At 11:19 am, Anonymous Don said...

lonely enough

I don't think so. Something tipped his hatred of women into a killing rage. I imagine prostitutes represent what he hates most about women. Not to mention being especially vulnerable.

That that should be your epitaph, what your life amounted to.

Very sad. My wife's great-grandmother was likely a prostitute, and killed herself when her only child was twelve. This darkness, unknown, translated across decades through succeeding violent alcoholics, has always drawn me to learn more about her, but that is all I know and likely all I will ever know. Another brief unhappy epitaph.

 
At 10:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the prostitues killed in Ipswich were drug adicts, they supplied the demand for sex to pay for their drugs in the most honest and benign way they could. I can only respect them for that. Although its been suggested that 1 or 2 were dealers. Men who pay for sex are rapists? The exploitation works both ways. I've never been bereft of physical contact so never contemplated using a prostitute but if i did id be able to afford an expensive one. Would i be a rapist i don't think so, id be the exploited in their eyes at any rate.

 
At 12:35 pm, Anonymous Dr Zen said...

"The exploitation works both ways."

This is the same as saying that if you are employed to work in a coal mine when there is no other work in town, you are exploiting the coal mine owner. Have a think about it.

"but if i did id be able to afford an expensive one."

Pride in the level of person you can exploit doesn't reflect as well on you as you had hoped.

 
At 5:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes i think Prostitutes are exploiting men, they are charging for a sevice, and i see nothing wrong with that, it just so happens that the women killed in Ipswitch were at the lower end of the market, and sold their wears out of desperation, for a fix to feed their addiction.

Expensive prostitutes on the other usualy have a choice, are usualy intelligent women who see a demand and fill it and in the process often earn very large somes of money. They have a choice, they are not exploited unless you consider self exploitation to be the same thing.

I think the only time a prostitute is exploited if she is forced or coersed by a pimp.

 
At 12:12 pm, Anonymous Dr Zen said...

A few dim toffs' flogging their arses for money does not change that prostitution is rape. The myth of the happy hooker was invented so that sad inadequates such as your own good self could feel good about hating women.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home