Friday, June 16, 2006

Scheduled outrage

I read "Scheduled outage" and it says scheduled outrage to me. I am thinking, yeah, it's almost as though someone timetables nightmarish computer fuckups just to make sure I don't start enjoying a quiet life.

So I have Foxtel, and I have a video recorder. But how does a person make them come together? I have a diagram but the profusion of names of leads and possible linkages is frightening. I'd love to tape the football but I can't even begin to hook up the video. I have a horrible feeling that it's just a matter of plugging one into the other, but the fear that I will have to tune something to something else, eating up an hour of my life, prevents me from doing it.

And I have a nice laptop, which no mouse known to man will work with. And now the power lead is gone. It's plugged in but it's convinced it's working from the battery. You fucker! I am yelling at it. You are plugged into the fucking wall.

Yes, I know the laptop does not understand spoken (or screamed) English. But I do not know the computer for it.

I really should have two PCs, one in reserve. Because the day will surely come when, frustrated by yet another screen freeze or inexplicable crash, I will pitch the computer out of the window with a merry Now restart you cunt!

And yet, you wouldn't live without them, would you? They're like women. Can't understand them, can't figure out the manual but they're indispensable. (At least, that's what we have to tell them, given that most of us are faced by the physical impossibility of sucking our own cocks. Hang on, that's not right. I've never found the PC yet that would suck my cock. Just one more reason to hate the fucking pieces of junk.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home