Thursday, November 17, 2005

In black and white

Some people think I see things too much in black and white. Maybe that's true, although I consider their perception is probably an outcome of looking only at my controversialism and not knowing me very well. Still, it's true that there are some things I simply feel are right and some wrong. It may not be sophisticated enough for those who are willing to allow "nuance" to drive them into moral minefields, but some things you feel in the gut.

So I say this. If you are American and this doesn't make you weep, I despise you. We ask ourselves how the Germans could have allowed the Holocaust to happen, but you know, because for you, it's a mirror.

I'm not saying you have to march in the streets. I'm not saying that you have to feel aggrieved enough to do anything. Except one thing: never to claim that you are a great nation again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home