Friday, January 02, 2004

The best evah!

I enjoyed this. It's good to see people who love music get it out of their system. Course, you have to wonder about a system that's clogged with this stuff...

End of year lists are all good fun, but nothing beats the best ever list. In Q's poll of, ahem, music experts, U2's One got the nod as greatest song ever. You heard that right, folks. A song that contains the line "We're one, but we're not the same" is the greatest work of man in music.

(As an aside, I adore the irony of Destiny's Child's Independent woman. It was written by Cory Rooney, Samuel Barnes, Jean Claude Olivier and Beyonce Knowles. Not quite as independent as she would have wished. And the sisters doin' it for themselves message is slightly let down in other areas. The name of the independent record label that the valiant girls struggle against the corporate monsters with: Sony. Beyonce must have named it after her TV.)

This kind of thing is the worst kind of bollocks, but harmless enough, although you have to ask what kind of "musical expert" thinks Eminem's My name is is superior to, oh I don't know, I second that emotion or Waterloo sunset. Still, Smokey and Ray could only dream of writing poetry as good as "Got pissed off and ripped Pamela Lee's tits off And smacked her so hard I knocked her clothes backwards like Kris Kross I smoke a fat pound of grass and fall on my ass faster than the fat bitch who sat down too fast".

Still, you might say, it's just fashion, and maybe it's a fine example of that particular style, and you just don't appreciate it. But I do. This is shit hot:
Elvis was a hero to most But he never meant shit to me you see
Straight up racist that sucker was Simple and plain
Mother fuck him and John Wayne
Cause I'm Black and I'm proud I'm ready and hyped plus I'm amped
Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps
Sample a look back you look and find Nothing but rednecks for 400 years if you check
Don't worry be happy Was a number one jam
Damn if I say it you can slap me right here
(Get it) lets get this party started right
Right on, c'mon What we got to say
Power to the people no delay
To make everybody see
In order to fight the powers that be
Fight the power - Public Enemy

Still, gotta love this profile, especially his "hobbies": Bitch, Gat, Shit, Cunt. I learned something new from it. The guy's 32nd birthday (bit old for peddling teeny angst, don'tcha think, Mr M?) will be Zenella's fourth. It explains a lot, though. Us Libras are nearly all fabulous poets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home