Tuesday, February 13, 2007

This though

This though, son, I will tell you
You won’t be better than me
You won’t be worse than me
You’ll be the same
That’s genetics and a sense of inevitability

And many people will tell you
There’s a scheme that explains all this
They’re entirely sure of it
And you will wonder
how they can be
when you’re not sure of anything

Well, whatever gets you through
at the smallest possible cost
Counting what you’ve gained
ignoring what you’ve lost
is the path you should take
anything else
is going to be a painful mistake

This though, son, I will tell you
No one will love you better than me
I love you infinitely
Entirely indivisibly
That’s genetics and a sense of impossibility.

DR

1 Comments:

At 5:05 pm, Blogger Sour Grapes said...

I don't think "how they can" quite works.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home