Thursday, July 07, 2005

London

It was our turn. Knowing that it would happen does not make seeing it happen any easier. Knowing that my people are suffering and dying while I am thousands of miles away, unable to turn one finger to help, unable even to speak to my family, my friends. We knew it would come. We were not terrorised. We were numb, impotent, knowing that one day we would be dying for nothing, for the hatred others feel, the rage fuelled by forces that we have no control over.

I have condemned the senseless slaughter in Iraq and I condemn it equally fiercely now it is the town where my heart is, where my sisters live, where friends have their home.


The stations I used to get to work, the people I passed in the street. I never knew how much it would hurt when it was our home, the places we have loved, the streets we have walked down.

We have to continue to say no to it. No to the killing. No to revenge. No to "being resolute". No to war on terror, terror warring with us. No to all you cunts who don't have a shred of love in your hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home