Saturday, February 28, 2004

Doing the random walk

Maybe I have been transported to a reality where everyone is Singaporean? Penny is in a bad mood. She likes 5566. It's something to do with Neopets. The world is bigger than you ever realised.

Emma has never had a one-night stand. She doesn't seem completely sure whether this is a good thing. She worries too much about boys and all that. They're not worth it, dear. Your mother was right about that.

Jerry says Heather Crockett is his best friend. A lot of these kids write blogs just for their friends. They're all "I love you all", "Tell me who I really am", "I am desperate to be loved" (I'm paraphrasing). They don't realise that there are people like me who will also find their blog and curl our lip at their foolishness (because, fuck's sake, you're 16, it's great, don't worry, and being popular is not something you're going to be stressing about when life starts to bite, believe me).

Allie is like funny, yeah. Anyway, that's what her friends tell her. They hope it'll make her shut the fuck up and leave them alone.

Not the whole state of Wisconsin but a bunch of distant education geezers who have it seems just discovered blogging and are liking it. (What's not to like? Blathering is fun after all.) It's a bit hard to figure out what they're using it for, exactly, but they're posting some interesting medical article type stuff. Okay, it's not must read, but it beats "My mom bitched at me today".

Ang Kok Leng has rendered his or her blog unreadable with a background picture. I feel I'm probably not missing much.


The man in the middle probably spends too much time thinking about politics. In the UK, we'd think he was out on the right, but this probably does count as being in the middle for an American. His blog's awesomely parochial. Just like the kids writing blogs for their mates, he forgets that he's accessible to a whole world, not all of it living in the USA.

The ultimate in nothing to say. Like it.

Zie is the enfant terrible of American letters. Okay, okay, no he isn't. He's just another dull teen doing what dull teens do if you give them a voice: say nothing.

All from the randomnificator, which seems to refuse to send me anywhere I want to go *pout*.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home